Accomplishments for 2011
- NEEC-CT worked to fully fund the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund (CEEF).
- NEEC-CT member companies spent a day at the Legislative Office Building
encouraging the Finance Committee to eliminate any securitization of the CEEF.
- NEEC-CT proactively supported creating the Department of Energy and
- NEEC-CT held numerous Environmental Stewardship Award Ceremonies at
various businesses with invited mayors. Legislators and the press.
- NEEC-CT members met with Treasurer Nappier to discuss the CEEF.
- NEEC-CT members testified on energy savings performance contracting.
- NEEC-CT increased membership over the prior year.
- NEEC-CT held a lunch meeting with Commissioner Dan Esty of the Department
of Energy and Environmental Protection.
- NEEC-CT members testified in front of the various legislative public hearings.
- NEEC-CT’s lobbyist met weekly with other lobbyists working on energy efficiency
- NEEC-CT has a daily presence at the Capitol through Guinan Associates.
- NEEC-CT members spoke at various industry meetings about the importance of
spreading the word on energy efficiency.
- NEEC-CT members met with various members of the Connecticut General